Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Digest Number 39

  • Alice Blake
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2013
      I agree with Sam.  It's the information I'm really after.  Possibly, some have had the experience of being hounded by "new family,"
      when all they really wanted was the info.  Who knows?!
      Alice

      From: mailto:sangerjaime%40aol.com
      Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 20:37:33 -0400

      My experience is you are going to get more emails unanswered than answered. It is just the way the cookie crumbles. For whatever reason some people just do not want to engage. Just imagine if you found out the person that does not want to reply to you has replied to others. Then you would really be mystified!!! !!!

      Jaime

      Maybe the testee died or the email was ignored because a new email address is being used. yes, frustrating! !!

      --- In mailto:MexicoDNAProject%40yahoogroups.com, JOEL SR <hrjoel3@ ...> wrote:

      > Halo Sam:

      > ツ

      > You are not adding the right information in your email to Senior Herrera. Let him think you have a millon dollars and he will respond.ツ

      > ツ

      > I agree with you. What is the motived for individuals to get there DNA tested, list it and have an email shared with others and not respond to any requests related to the common DNA.

      > ツ

      > /any comments and suggestions from others and there experience with research and sharing of DNA via emails etc.

      > ツ

      > Saludos,ツ ツ

      > Joel K. Harris, Sr., Ph.D.

      The Yahoo! Groups Product Blog

    • JOEL SR
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 23, 2013
        Alice:

        I agree with the "new family". I was born in Georgia in a very rural area. I am an enrolled Cherokee in the Echota Cherokee Tribe in Alabama, about two miles to Georgia.

        I did the Family Finder to explore my Indian heritage, but learned I was related to Mexican Indians. Flores and about 200 other Mexicans from his line. Now that was and continues to be a WOW for me.

        Sandoval is another DNA relationship which is new. Montoya matches up with Flores. Any Amadors?

        What is also funny is I dated a Maria Hernandez while I was in the Army. When I returned from Vietnam I visited with her family in Toluca, Mexico. Her mother was from Spain, blond hair and
         blues eyes. I tend to have dark skin if I get in the sun and dark black hair. People thought I was part of the family.  I thought it was funny then because I had a Southern accent and not Mexican. I never imagined our DNA ties then.

        These DNA matches become an adventure for me. How do you see the DNA findings?

        Adios, hasta pronto

        Saludos

        NameLori L. Sandoval Esq.
        E-maillorilynnsandoval@...

        Matches

        Haplogroups

        Y-DNAR1b1a2ShorthandR-M269
        mtDNAC

        Surnames

        • Armijo [New Mexico],
        • Baca [Mexico, New Mexico],
        • Chavez,
        • de Estrada [Mexico, New Mexico],
        • Gomez Robledo [Mexico, New Mexico],
        • Gutierrez [New Mexico],
        • Hernandez Medina [Mexico, New Mexico],
        • Ladron de Guevera [Mexico, New Mexico],
        • Marquez,
        • Montoya [New Mexico],
        • Ortiz [New Mexico],
        • Robledo Romero [Spain],