Re: Why would someone have their DNA tested and not respond?

  • Peggy Deras
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2013

      I am administrator for my uncle's DNA with Family Tree DNA.
      I never receive any email notifications from FTDNA.
      I have to remember to check it.
      Then again, I have my own DNA test on Ancestry and get reminders all of the time.

      I think the FTDNA site communication system is flawed.
      I recently upgraded my uncle's test from Family Finder to Y-DNA-37.
      I was concerned that they might send my uncle a new kit, so I sent a message asking if it would be needed.
      I wanted to advise him to expect it if necessary.

      I used their on-site CONTACT US page.
      No response after several days, so I sent another, and another.
      Finally I sent them an email.
      That got a response.
      By that time I had already found an answer on the Forums.
      Then they answered one of my CONTACT US queries just yesterday, two weeks after I created it.
      I don't think communication is their strong suit.

      Peggy

      Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:35 am (PDT) . Posted by:

      "Samuel Dominguez" sfdoming

      Which also makes me wonder: why would someone have their dna tested, make their results available and then not respond to inquiries from people who match them? Mystifying!