Re: Echota Cherokee Tribe

  • JOEL SR
    Message 1 of 78 , Jul 16, 2013
      Siyo Marie:

      Did you have your DNA checked by Family Tree DNA? If yes; what did you have done?

      I want to add the DNA use to tribal enrollment procedures.

      The DNA, Family Finder, would add all the individuals that match up as relatives and objectively prove who one is related to.

      Joel K. Harris, Sr., Ph.D.
      Message 78 of 78 , Jan 24, 2014
        I just want to learn more about these guys.

        Teddi

        On Jan 24, 2014, at 1:13 PM, Gary Felix wrote:

        Teddi,
        if you are looking for his more recent relatives increasing markers will help. If you are looking for a breakthrough on Native American ancestry, SNP testing should eventually be done. Testing additional STRs out to 37 markers would be a good first step either way.

        Gary