other areas

  • popbravo
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 9, 2013
      Are there any members here that trace their ancestors to areas of Mexico
      other than Northern Mexico or Texas? Michoacan, Jalisco, Guanajuato as examples?
      No real reason, just asking.
      Michael Bravo
    • Joel Peres

        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 10, 2013

          Unconfirmed but believe Macias from Zacatecas.

          Sally Macias

        • Linda
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 10, 2013
            I have traced my Romero y Chaves family back to around 1700 in Tepatitlan de Morelos, Jalisco, Mexico.

            Lucas Romero y Chaves and Petronilla Gonzales de Hermosillo had a son named Francisco Xavier Romero y Chaves who married Ypigenia Alderete in Tepatitlan on Feb. 20, 1729. Their son, Nicholas Joaquin Esteban Romero y Chaves married Antonia Gomez Hurtado de Mendoza in 1768. Next, Esteban's and Antonia's son Manuel Romero y Chaves married Gregoria Camarena, who was from Arandas, Jalisco. Their son, Serapio, was born in 1824 in Tepatitlan. In 1842, Serapio married Petra Pena and their son Manuel Romero was born in Tepatitlan in 1844.

            Manuel Romero married Marcelina de la Torre in 1870 in Tepatitlan and their son Castulo was born in the same city in 1881. Castulo married Sofia de la Torre in 1903 and had four children, one of whom was my father, Ramon, born in 1907.

            The Romero's have been in Tepatitlan since Lucas Romero y Chaves was there in the late 1600's. I haven't found where he came from or when. Most of the other information was gathered from the birth and marriage registrations found on FamilySearch.org.

            That's a pretty long history in one little city. Does anyone have more information about my family?

            Linda
          • sangerjaime@...
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 10, 2013
              Mando,

              All I know is that  Cris Rendon told me that he thinks that my wife may descend from the Gonzales Hurtado de Mendoza line, but could not confirm, unless he had the names of the parents of Jose Gonzales born in 1834!!   I have not been able to find who is parents were!!

              Jaime

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 10, 2013
                Hello Group,
                My maiden name is Bravo and my earliest known, 4GP Bravo/Brabo was Domingo Bravo.
                His son Jose Rafael married in Lampazos de Naranjo, NL in 1841 and
                on his informacion matrimonial claims to be from Guadalajara, Jalisco.
                Alice

              • sangerjaime@...
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 10, 2013
                  Mando,

                  Are you related to Jessica Romero and C. Romero in Gedmatch?   They are both a match to me!!

                  Jaime

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 10, 2013
                    Hello,
                    Thanks for the responses to "other areas". In answer to some questions; I have tested with FTDNA, my ydna is P-312. Gary has stated that is "founder marker", if I understood him correctly. I do not know what that means as I am not well versed in this subject.
                    My family lines, both maternal and paternal come from a 20-30 mile radius surrounding La Piedad, Michoacan where the 3 states of Jalisco, Michoacan and Guanajuato all join.  My maternal lines, Bravo/Brabo/ Tinoco, Rizo/Riso, Santana, come from the Degollado/Ayo el Chico area of Jalisco and my father's line, Lopez and Gutierrez from the Penjamo, Guanajuato area and surrounds.
                    Thanks again,
                    Michael Bravo

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 10, 2013
                      Jaime,
                      Is this Gozales from Zacatecas/Aquas Calientes area?
                      - Armando

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 10, 2013
                        From what I heard he was originally from Monterrey N. L.  But settled in the Aguascalientes area after marrying a

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 30, 2013
                          Michael,

                          Are you negative for U152, L21, DF27, DF19, and L238? They are all downstream of P312. A majority of Mexican and Spanish P312 are positive for D27. L176.2, DF17, and S230 are downstream of DF27.

                          --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, popbravo@... wrote:

                          > Hello,
                          > Thanks for the responses to "other areas". In answer to some questions; I have tested with FTDNA, my ydna is P-312. Gary has stated that is "founder marker", if I understood him correctly. I do not know what that means as I am not well versed in this subject.
                          > My family lines, both maternal and paternal come from a 20-30 mile radius surrounding La Piedad, Michoacan where the 3 states of Jalisco, Michoacan and Guanajuato all join.  My maternal lines, Bravo/Brabo/ Tinoco, Rizo/Riso, Santana, come from the Degollado/Ayo el Chico area of Jalisco and my father's line, Lopez and Gutierrez from the Penjamo, Guanajuato area and surrounds.
                          > Thanks again,
                          > Michael Bravo
                          >

                          > ________________________________

                        • popbravo
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 30, 2013
                            Hello Mexr,
                            Interestingly, I just received an email "welcoming" me to the DF27 group.  As I have informed Gary in the past, I am not at all knowledgeable
                            with the intricacies of this data. Several years ago I tested with FTDNA for the express purpose of determining whether my father's dna was
                            European or Native, because all I had to go on was the proverbial "family lore". I am interested in this info, so I continue to join groups and try
                            to learn what I can.
                            Buen dia,
                            Michael Bravo Lopez

                          • mexr1b@att.net
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 30, 2013
                              If you are kit N66037 then your terminal SNP is M153 and you are positive for every SNP upstream from M153 which are DF27, Z196, Z209, Z295, Z216, Z278, and Z214. The SNP marker M153 is found at a high percentage in the Basque but also found in surrounding regions.

                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 31, 2013
                                Hello Michael,
                                R1b-P312
                                is the western branch of where this marker was born and starts to branch out as seen in the R1b haplotree:

                                U106 appears as a parallel branch in the tree and corresponds to the early movement of migrants from the east after the last glacial Maximum just like the western branch of P312 with both branches converging in the North Sea area of Europe which was land at the time and is referred to as doggerland. R1b-P312 leaves descendants from Spain to Scandanavia for the most part and these descendants leave their own markers away from the origin but still in Western Europe.

                                Gary