R-L176.2 / B2

  • alicebb@att.net
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 5, 2013
      Hi Gary,
      I've tested YDNA R-L176.2 and mtDNA B2.
      The info and groups are abundant on the YDNA, but I can't seem to get past generic Native American on the mtDNA B2. Is further testing
      required to get more specific than Native American? Or is the info just not available at this time.
      Thanks so much. Alice
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 5, 2013
        Your welcome Alice,
        on your FTDNA pages there is a new feature if your mtdna results are Native American (NA) and if you click on the mtdna tab and then click on NA maps you will see the distribution of the haplogroups.

        PLOS one is a good source for finding information on NA haplogroups:

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 5, 2013
          Marcial Sanchez was a soldier in Anza's 1774 expedition to find a
          route to California from Sonora. He has a son born 1754 in Suamca.
          He appears as a godparent in 1760 at Guevavi. His wife was Vicenta
          Azedo. I have spent over 40 years getting to where I am now in my
          research and it is a slooooow process.

          I have been trying to figure out just where his origins lie. I have 3
          possibilities-from the south ie Alamos or southward; from the
          Chihuahua-Durango area or even possibly from New Mexico. I have done
          autosomal testing on 4 grand children of Marcial's only known grandson
          plus a couple of great grandchildren of the same grandson. I have also
          done the Sanchez Y.

          So far the well-researched NON Sanchez side of Baja California
          soldiers (Californios) seems to be confirmed (DNA) but I have very
          little on anything I can regard as the Sanchez line.

          Anyone have any luck tracking down presidial troops' origins in the
          area of what is now southern Arizona and very northern Sonora pre-1800?

          I have been scouring the Mission 2000 and DRSW databases but this was
          a tough time in history for all to be hangin' in that area in the
          1700s...

          Thanks!

          Teddi Montes
          The Californio DNA Project
          My other 4WD is a Baja mu;e!
        • Gregory Pisano
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 5, 2013

            Teddy - here is the link https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/145606 to a listing of company rosters from northern Mexico in 1818.  Would this be of any help to you?

            Gregory Pisaño

            (805) 748-5502

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 5, 2013
              Teddi,
              The Mexico DNA Project has Villa Results.
              Here is a link to the Californio page and Jose Villa

              The origin is R1b-U106 which expanded out of the area of the Eastern edges of the North Sea  in very ancient times many thousands of years ago and probably from eastern Europe before that.

              Here is the entry:
              Presidio de San Miguel de la Horcasitas, Sonora>Presidio de Tubac, Sonora>Presidio de Tucson (present day Arizona)>Presidio at Santa Barbara (present day California)>Santa Maria, California. Haplogroup R1b-U106 or S21. Most common origin in Northwestern Europe. See these YDNA 9 marker match(es) to Northwestern Europe in this - YHRD database search. Oldest Ydna ancestor - Andres Villa m Daniella>Juan Jose Villa b.circa 1743 m Maria Paula Martinez. Juan Jose Villa, son of Andres and Daniella, a native of the Presidio de San Miguel de la Horcasitas, Sonora, was born circa 1743. Born at the presidio his father probably was in the military. From this presidio situated few miles north of Hirmosillo, Sonora, which was built to protect the colonists as they moved north from the interior of Mexico, Captain Juan Bautista de Anza started his long trek in 1775 to establish the proposed presidio and mission at San Francisco. In 1781, Juan Jose Villa was recruited by Captain Fernando Rivera y Moncada for the proposed Presidio at Santa Barbara. Because of the large concentration of native population in the Santa Barbara area, there was great concern for the many travelers who would be using the Camino Real. A presidio was the answer. He, his wife and son Vicente Ferrer Villa joined the other colonists and started on the second long overland trek across the hot desert following the Anza trail to Alta California. Contact: Marie

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 5, 2013
                      Hello Teddi,
                      I see that your Arce samples have come back.

                      I would suggest letting me post their results to the project page
                      ( http://members.tripod.com/~GaryFelix/index63.htm) with detailed information. The posting would have their haplogroup and 12 marker results along with geographical information. You can post to Ysearch automatically from their YDNA Matches page at the bottom after you run a search.  If you have done so please pass along their Ysearch ID and I can link it to the ysearch button by your name on the project page. Otherwise I can do it for you and Y search will email your password and user ID.

                      Please let me know the following:
                      The migration pattern of their surname line.
                      Their earliest surname line ancestor and the year they were born as well as where they were born.
                      Any family mysteries you are looking to solve?

                      If their results are pending additional markers it would be best to wait until these results come in before I research their YDNA.

                      Saludos,
                      Gary Felix
                      Genealogy of Mexico Surname Project Administrator

                    • Teddi Montes

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 5, 2013
                            Thank you.  I will see abt ordering this film.  I believe I looked at it 20 yrs ago but its time to review.  Marcial's son, Ramon, is found on an 1801 presidio muster at Santa Cruz (as an invalido) and I have been unable to find much more regarding padrones of those northern sites.

                            Teddi Montes