Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: Francisco Cantu aka Canales aka Leal born 3/5/1897 in China Nuevo Leon,Mexico

  • Dahlia Palacios
    Message 1 of 63 , Jul 2, 2013
      Gary,
      Thank you so much.I sincerely appreciate all your help.
      Dahlia

      Dahlia Guajardo-Cantu de Palacios

      Message 63 of 63 , Aug 1, 2013
        Also different methods if I recall correctly. 23amdme uses hapmap and FTDNA uses ref. populations to determine biogeographical regions.

        Gary

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Aug 1, 2013, at 9:23 AM, Joel Peres <joelfrancisperes@...> wrote:

        Yes, 23andme me have a larger autosomal database then FTDNA  :)

        On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Heriberto Escamilla <betoescamilla@...> wrote:

        Thanks Gary, maybe there is some political influence. Hey, but I received the list of DNA relatives through 23andme. And I see some very good leads that hopefully respond. This aspect of the site seems a little better than Family Tree. Maybe there are more people that use 23andme?

        Beto

        Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:06 PM

        Subject: Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: I am at loose ends & How Do I Join the Project?

        Beto,
        judging by FTDNA's European designation for Mexican origins being Russian or Finland and 23andme's being Iberian and/or So. European I would give 23andme the edge. Also FTDNA is still in the Beta stage.

        FTDNA counts Jewish as Middle Eastern and 23andme has Ashkenazi as European.