Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Maya DNA

  • Joel Peres
    Message 1 of 44 , Jul 1, 2013
      Fantastic Teddi, I'll email ya my home address in a separate email!
      Thanks again :)

      On Monday, July 1, 2013, Teddi Montes wrote:

      Joel---And I have been a Baja California addict for over 45 years!  I had no idea that my ancestors came from there until 20 yrs after my first adventure down there.

      My cousin who was born and raised in Tijuana and is the daughter of my grandfather from Chihuahua (her mother was the "other" woman....) told me recently---"Teddi, you're more Mexican then I am!" LOL!!!  She has lived in San Diego for years and never crosses the border!

      Teddi Montes
      The Californio DNA Project
      My other 4WD is a Baja Mule!

      PS  Hay-Joel, I finally have that Californio video copy back to send you......

      On Jul 1, 2013, at 1:20 PM, Joel Peres wrote:

      I'm also totally cool w/ the esoteric & how it relates to our DNA.  I like to read about genetic memory:
      Personally I've always been into Celtic & Jewish stuff.  As a Chicago guy, I always wanted to live out west, I love deserts.  I finally got my wish last Oct, I now live in AZ and finally feel complete.
      Others are really into the Native American stuff.  Which I find cool as well.
      This could all be a bunch hokey pokey as well, nonetheless I'm loving the journey and I'm ok w/ being crazy.  : )

      On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM, <sangerjaime@...> wrote:

      Not that I am an inventor or a scientist, but many of the theories they proposed back in the Middle Ages, scared people off, but their crazy opines came to pass!!

      Take care,

      jaime

      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 29, 2013
        Linda, let say it was your father that had the Native American ancestry, which is most likely. It could have come from any of his ancestors not just the Romero y Chavez line. If you look for female descendants of all of your female ancestors on your father's side that have taken an mtDNA test you will find that most of them have Native American mtDNA which will show you that you have Native American DNA from many of your ancestors on your father's line.

        Again, there are many records missing. The records that show the wives as being Espanola are the ones you were able to find. The ones you weren't able to find and don't show to be born in Spain are the ones that are very likely to be Native American.

        Are you willing to share your tree?