Interested in REYES DNA

  • hija_de_felixreyes
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2013
      I've always known I was half Mexican, but I don't have any way to contact my father's family, so I hope to find some cousins. I was raised by a stepfather and there was no contact. My autosomal DNA is clearly Mexican.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 13, 2013
        Your closest relatives with known locations of origin in Mexico will give you a clue as to where your ancestry is from. My Mothers closest relatives are all from Zacatecas and mine are all from Sonora. I have one realtive who I am related to on both sides of my family. Her Father is from Zac. and her Mother is from a town in Sonora right by where my Father was born. We have one matching segment from each parent that we share.

        Best,
        Gary

        --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, "hija_de_felixreyes" <annalymanmusic@...> wrote:

        > I've always known I was half Mexican, but I don't have any way to contact my father's family, so I hope to find some cousins. I was raised by a stepfather and there was no contact. My autosomal DNA is clearly Mexican.

      • Joel Peres
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 14, 2013
          I echo Gary's experience.  My Father is mostly from Nuevo Leon (3Gps from NL, 1Gp from Tamaulipas, 1GGp from NM), his relatives are mostly from NL, Tamaulipas, Zacatecas, Jalisco, South Texas & NM.  My Mom is from Guerrero, most of her matches are from Sonora, Jalisco, Aguascalientes, Nuevo Leon, Chihuahua.  Her family has an oral tradition of being involved in mining and cattle activities.