Information: Francisco (José) (Serna?)Senna Guerrero 1917- Monterrey,Nuevo León

  • Yaqui
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2013
      I have traced my father Francisco Jose Serna Senna Guerrero back to Monterrey, Nuevo León. According to newspaper accounts, he was a professional boxer. His career spanned the 1930s and 1940s. He was born in 1916 or 1917. My grandfather was Joaquin (Serna) Senna and my grandmother was Guadalupe Concepcion. My father lived in Texas, California and Nebraska, and may have had bouts in Florida, Montreal, Quebec, New York City, Reading and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I have no record of his marriage to my mother whom he met in Washington, DC, according to the late Mexican Embassy Counsul Sr. Madrid who provided me documents on his career. Madrid was a friend of his in the 1950s. My father returned to Mexico in the early 1950s, and that was the last time I saw him as a child. US Border Protection Documents on border entries at Brownsville, Texas, show that his entry back into the US was denied in 1954. But US military records show that he enlisted in the US Army for several months in 1944, but was dishonorably discharged that December. He may have passed away, however, in Nebraska in 1985, as there is a death notice in state records of someone with his name there. When I visited Monterrey, NL in 1972, I could find no record of his life or family in my brief two weeks stay In the city. Although he used the surname Senna, he may have been related to Sernas and Guerreros in Monterrey and the adjacent town of Guadalupe.My Y DNA haplogroup ancestry shows that I belong to the Q1a31a Haplogroup &SNPs category of M3 native American group in Mexico but at 37 markers there are no matches in my Familytree DNA yet.
      Thanks, Carl Francisco Jose Senna
      Sent from my iPad