New Haplotree Info from FTDNA to Project Admins

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 28 8:18 PM

      Dear Group Administrators,

      Thank you for all the feedback about the 2014 Haplotree! We appreciate your efforts on behalf of your groups.

      We'll correct many of the issues you've brought to our attention over the next few days.  In the meantime, we’ve temporarily turned off the SNP order recommendation feature, since it needs accurate results to make those recommendations.  Note however, that although the recommendation program is turned off, downstream SNPs will still show as available for purchase.  In addition, any customers who ordered inappropriate SNPs can have those orders transferred to appropriate SNPs or, if none are available, get a full refund.

      Some of the issues that we'll be addressing include:

      • Correcting the algorithm that assigned the haplogroup for the multi-locus markers (the .1, .2, .3 SNPs)
      • Syncing data for users that tested with Geno 2.0

      Please report any issues using the feedback form, choosing the "About the Y-tree" category. Include as much detail as you can including the kit number so we can thoroughly investigate.

      While we understand there are some concerns regarding specific SNPs, we will review those on a case-by-case basis.

      Thanks for your help!

    • Alicia Carrillo
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 30 11:06 PM
      Hello Everyone,

      The Nueva Galicia Genealogical Society will be hosting our 5th Annual Conference in San Jose, California and we have one of our own as a presenter, Teddi Montes.

      I have attached the program, the biographies of our 3 presenters and the registration form for the conference.

      I hope some of you can make it.

      Best Regards,
      Alicia Carrillo

    • Sally M
      Message 3 of 11 , May 1, 2014
        Not getting the attachments.

        Sally K Macias

      • Alicia Carrillo
        Message 4 of 11 , May 1, 2014
          Sally,

          It's possible that the Yahoo Group won't allow it to go through. Anyone who wants to see the program and the bio of the speakers, send me an email and I will reply to each of you.

          I did ask for and received Gary's permission to post, but not sure that the Yahoo page will allow it.

          Alicia
        • Flora C
          Message 5 of 11 , May 1, 2014
            Hello Alicia,

            Thank you for sending the invite and the info on the very interesting speakers.  My PC was able to open all the documents - unfortunately I will not be able to attend although I wish I could.

            Flora Chavez

            To: MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com

            Message 6 of 11 , May 1, 2014
              I am able to get the attachments.

              Sally,
              since this is a download your settings may not allow this.

              Gary

              Message 7 of 11 , May 1, 2014
                You are welcome Sally,

                Maybe next year.

                To: MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com

                Message 8 of 11 , May 1, 2014
                  Thanks Gary for verifying that the attachments do come through.

                  Alicia

                  since this is a download your settings may not allow this.

                  Gary

                  It's possible that the Yahoo Group won't allow it to go through. Anyone who wants to see the program and the bio of the speakers, send me an email and I will reply to each of you.

                  I did ask for and received Gary's permission to post, but not sure that the Yahoo page will allow it.

                  Alicia

                • Edward Romero
                  Message 9 of 11 , May 1, 2014
                    Alicia Carrillo, are you related to Leo Carrillo? If you are, do you have any info on his relatives cerca 1904 in Los Mochis,Sin, Mazatlan,Sin or Baja California. I'm only interested in 1904 and forward, I have lots of info on Ancestor's. My Mother was his Cousin, we attended his BBQ's in Oceanside/Carlsbad and the juntas in Lake Elsinore, Riverside County,Ca. Thanks Ed

                    To: MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 10 of 11 , May 1, 2014
                      Edward,

                      That is my husband's surname and he and I were both born in Zacatecas. So for now I'll have to say no it is not the same family, unless we discover otherwise.

                      You say you have lots of information on ancestors going back beyond 1904. Where does their trail lead to?

                      My husband's Y-DNA haplogroup is J-L24, but his Carrillo trail ends with 5Great grandmother who was Maria Gertrudis Carrillo, that's where the Carrillo surname comes in and her son, Juan Jose Carrillo when he married was hijo de padre no conocido. So the Carrillo comes from the grandmother, not from the male line. Haven't found Juan Jose Carrillo's birth record yet, but he had to have been born around 1780+/- a few years. He married in 1807 in Nochistlan, Zacatecas.

                      Alicia,
                      San Jose, Ca

                      To: MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com

                        To: MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com