Population Finder results for 48 persons of Mexican ancestry

  • realdealtarin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2014
      I recently read that FTDNA is planning on refining their Population Finder results soon. I got curious and decided to make a quick random survey of some results in the Mexico DNA Project and here is what I found. These are the "averages" for 48 project members:

      54.16% = Europe
      25.97% = Native American
      15.10% = Middle East (includes North Africa)
      2.60% = Africa (Sub-Saharan)
      1.12% = South Asia
      0.96% = East Asia

      I did not break it down past the continent category and the averages may or may not significantly change with a larger sampling.

      Robert Tarin