Eurogenes K13 4-Ancestors Oracle

  • Alice Blake
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 18, 2014
      Hi Gary,
      I'm sorry if I've missed the explanation on this.
      I've downloaded to Gedmatch.com and being new to all this, I'm not sure how to
      interpret the results, as there is such a disparity between the Least squares, 2, 3 and 4 populations approximations.
      Thanks so much for your help.
      Alice BB

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 18, 2014
        No problem Alice,
        you will notice the number of iterations increase drastically with the more specific populations that your results are compared against. This means lower genetic distances can be obtained by adding more populations as populations become more specific. The lower the genetic distance the closer you are genetically to the populations you are being compared against.

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 19, 2014

          Hello Gary,

          Thanks for your response.  If you please, at the risk of sounding ignorant, a few questions.  Are the groups found in the 2, 3, 4 different population approximations a further breakdown or specification of the Admix Results, an explanation of sorts?  Viewing 3 population, the prevalent North Amerindian seen in Using 2 population seems to disappear and in its place a lot of Karitiana appears and MA-1.   Is Karitiana Brazilian?  What is MA-1?  Sorry for all the questions, but this is so interesting.  Thank you again for all your help.

          Alice

        • Meyerson Marie
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 19, 2014
            Alice,
            I appreciate your questions because it seems quite a few of us are trying to figure all this out so I have been keeping an eye on the questions and answers and this way we all learn.  I too wondered how this fit into my results, Brazilian Amerind seemed like a stretch given I have no known ancestors from Brazil.

            Thanks again and many more thanks to Gary.  Hope we do not overwhelm you

            Luz

            On Apr 19, 2014, at 7:25 PM, <alicebb@...> wrote:

            Hello Gary,

            Thanks for your response.  If you please, at the risk of sounding ignorant, a few questions.  Are the groups found in the 2, 3, 4 different population approximations a further breakdown or specification of the Admix Results, an explanation of sorts?  Viewing 3 population, the prevalent North Amerindian seen in Using 2 population seems to disappear and in its place a lot of Karitiana appears and MA-1.   Is Karitiana Brazilian?  What is MA-1?  Sorry for all the questions, but this is so interesting.  Thank you again for all your help.

            Alice

          • Randal Soza
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 19, 2014
              It's because Brazilian Amerindian is the closest group in their population set, that you are closest to, since they don't have your specific group in their grouping. For example, let's say you  are 50% Pima Indian, and 50% German. Now, I can take this sample, and run it through BGA, (Bio Geographical Analysis) which is what GedMatch is. Now, at GedMatch, there are 4 main groupings, that include different but not all populations. Now let's say I have 12 populations in my group set, like Eurogenes K12 for example. Eurogenes K12 has German, but not Pima Indian. So the results will show German, BUT it won't show Pima Indian. Instead, what it will do, is find the closest population in the group that it can find and use that group in the results. Sort of adlibbing, so to speak. GedMatch is Bio Geographical Analysis, and is not to be used to place samples in specific ethnicities. Each grouping is pinpointed for specific groups with specific populations, except I the case of Harrapaworld. Except Harrapworld doesn't have a broad population set, AND the sets it has for some populations are really small.

              Randal Soza

              Jewish Mexico Arizona Southwest US DNA Project Admin

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 19, 2014
                Hi Alice
                Yes a further breakdown. Yes it is Brazilian and one of the groups with the highest MA 1. MA 1 was the ancient Siiberian found to share a dna sequence with only Native Americans. His Y and mtdna were European.

                Your welcome to any info i can provide.

                Gary

                Sent from my iPhone

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 19, 2014
                  Your welcome Luz,
                  Population genetics is about variance between populations.  If the data set is not adequate the results will not be accurate. If there is no evidence to back up your connection you should be skeptical like many of us showing Russian for euro with our ftdna results.

                  This is why eurogenes analysis is so important as it has expanded ifs dataset more to include new Sephardic samples. This dna has eluded us and now it has found us on a more broader scale.
                  More samples should show the North African as Sephardic in time. If not then we have another interesting chapter in our history.
                  Gary

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 20, 2014

                    Gary,

                    OK...  I didn't know that MA-1 was referring to the ancient Siberian young person I had read about whose DNA appears to link Native Americans to Eurasians.  Thanks so much, you've opened my eyes and mind to the possibilities.

                    Alice

                  • JOEL SR
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 20, 2014
                      Alice:

                      Add Anzick to MA-1, Mal'ta Siberia male child 24,000. The Anzick is in Montana and the find dates about 17,000.

                      Put in Anzick as you did MA-1.

                      I put in Mexican.

                      I am enrolled with the Echota Cherokee Tribe of Alabama. Dr. Willerslev has taken my DNA. Our area, Alabama, could become a reference to match with MA-1 and Anzick.

                      Can we match each other?

                      Joel K. Harris, Sr., Ph.D.
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 21, 2014
                        Hello Alice,
                        Can you explain what MA-1 is?  Is it a haplogroup?

                        Thanks!
                        Luz