Maya DNA

  • icerich123
    Message 1 of 44 , Jun 27, 2013
      I recently took a dna test and I am 18% Native American (Mayan). Weren't Mayans from Mexico?
    • mexr1b@att.net
      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 29 8:20 PM
        Linda, let say it was your father that had the Native American ancestry, which is most likely. It could have come from any of his ancestors not just the Romero y Chavez line. If you look for female descendants of all of your female ancestors on your father's side that have taken an mtDNA test you will find that most of them have Native American mtDNA which will show you that you have Native American DNA from many of your ancestors on your father's line.

        Again, there are many records missing. The records that show the wives as being Espanola are the ones you were able to find. The ones you weren't able to find and don't show to be born in Spain are the ones that are very likely to be Native American.

        Are you willing to share your tree?