      From: Teddi Montes <o2bnbaja@...>
      To: MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, January 24, 2014 1:04 PM
      Subject: Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Y haplo N

      So when I get the money, should I upgrade to 37 for this man?

      Teddi

      On Jan 24, 2014, at 12:57 PM, Gary Felix wrote:

      Hi Teddi,
      Y dna haplogroup N is believed to have originated in Southeast Asia and is so old it has spread counterclockwise into Scandinavia and is found sparely distributed through Europe but mostly in the north. The hotspot in Europe is among the Sammi of Finland. Their culture is similar to the plains Native Americans. If you look closely at the FTDNA Y haplogroup frequency pie maps on your FTDNA pages you can see by scrolling over the map of North America a small percentage of Y haplogroup N with the majority being haplogroup Q and C to a lessor extent.

      I believe last time I looked that the Y haplogroup N in our project have affinity to Europe when you add more markers. Would be a breakthrough to find matches only in the Americas and Siberia with additional merkers tested.