954Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Y haplo N

  • Edward Romero
    Jan 24, 2014
      Hi, My Mother is from those Old Families that you are looking into, the Carrillo's, Lopez, Sepulveda's, Yorba's, Soto's, Ruiz, Valenzuela's, Bernal's and Ortega's just to mention a few. My question to you is do you have any information on Former Presidente of Mexico Abelardo Lujan Rodriguez from Sonora,Mx b-1876 was in Office cerca 1930, died in La Jolla,San Diego County,Ca, I was advised that he's also in my Mother DNA Chart, but I can only locate information on his Mother and Father, do you know of a Family Tree or some other source where I can confirm the connection. I have already tried FamilySearch and all the other sites, very little info there. Thanks for any help. Ed

      On Friday, January 24, 2014 12:57 PM, Gary Felix <garyf@...> wrote:

      Hi Teddi,
      Y dna haplogroup N is believed to have originated in Southeast Asia and is so old it has spread counterclockwise into Scandinavia and is found sparely distributed through Europe but mostly in the north. The hotspot in Europe is among the Sammi of Finland. Their culture is similar to the plains Native Americans. If you look closely at the FTDNA Y haplogroup frequency pie maps on your FTDNA pages you can see by scrolling over the map of North America a small percentage of Y haplogroup N with the majority being haplogroup Q and C to a lessor extent.

      I believe last time I looked that the Y haplogroup N in our project have affinity to Europe when you add more markers. Would be a breakthrough to find matches only in the Americas and Siberia with additional merkers tested.

      From: Teddi Montes <o2bnbaja@...>
      To: MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, January 24, 2014 12:04 AM
      Subject: Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Y haplo N

      More correctly....N-M231

      Teddi

      On Jan 23, 2014, at 10:50 PM, Teddi Montes wrote:

      Ok...so I just returned from a 6+ week 500 mile muletrip gathering DNA
      in Mexico, concentrating on certain very old families in Baja
      California, descendants of soldiers and mission workers pre-1800.

      So one very old vaquero I found sitting in the morning sun, surname
      Aguiar, on a dusty road in a 300 yr old mission-era village in
      southern Baja just came back with his Y 12 haplo as N!!!! Yes, N!!!!

      What surprises I am finding!!

      I am headed back early Feb. to continue the trip for the last 400
      miles of Baja California.

      Teddi Montes
      The Californio DNA Project

    • Show all 78 messages in this topic