944Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Population Percentages and India

  • Joel Peres
    Jan 23, 2014
      Currently over @ 23andme, my Father, Bro, Cousin, & I get India & Bangladesh @ 4GPs 5cMs.
      Small world
      Saludos!
      Joel F Peres
      Chandler, AZ

      On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 12:43 PM, Gary Felix <garyf@...> wrote:

      Interesting VN, how small percentages of South Asian (or a relative or two with full South Asian grandparents) show up in many project members autosomal results. If this is identical by descent it could be that Roma or Portuguese families in India were known to marry only among themselves since settlement with some admixture. These would mean a very distant relationship that shows up in our dna because we are really matching a populations genetics rather than a closer relative.

      We do have a couple of project members who's Y line is haplogroup H which origin appears to be in India based on population genetic studies.

      Trujillo Surname - DYS Markers
      ParticipantO
      3
      9
      3
      3
      9
      0

      1
      9
      3
      9
      1
      3
      8
      5
      3
      8
      5
      4
      2
      6
      3
      8
      8
      4
      3
      9
      3
      8
      9
      -
      1
      3
      9
      2
      3
      8
      9
      -
      2
      4
      5
      8
      4
      5
      9
      4
      5
      9
      4
      5
      5
      4
      5
      4
      4
      4
      7
      4
      3
      7
      4
      4
      8
      4
      4
      9
      4
      6
      4
      4
      6
      4
      4
      6
      4
      4
      6
      4
      Trujillo, (Anonymous)Indian Subcontinent - H12221510 1718111211131129.. .................. ......

      Recoder Surname - DYS Markers
      ParticipantO
      3
      9
      3
      3
      9
      0

      1
      9
      3
      9
      1
      3
      8
      5
      3
      8
      5
      4
      2
      6
      3
      8
      8
      4
      3
      9
      3
      8
      9
      -
      1
      3
      9
      2
      3
      8
      9
      -
      2
      4
      5
      8
      4
      5
      9
      4
      5
      9
      4
      5
      5
      4
      5
      4
      4
      4
      7
      4
      3
      7
      4
      4
      8
      4
      4
      9
      4
      6
      4
      4
      6
      4
      4
      6
      4
      4
      6
      4
      Recoder, Ernesto AdanIndian Subcontinent - H-M6912221510 141811121114123216 090910122314193012 121415

      Gary