942Re: Updated DNA results

  • mnavarrovillalobos
    Jan 22, 2014

      Hi Gary,

      Dodecad's Globe13 shows the following populations:

      Siberian, Amerindian, Arctic, North European, West African, Palaeo African, East African, Mediterranean, Southwest Asian, East Asian, West Asian, South Asian and Australasian.

      However, it is not clear to me which are the map boundaries of some of these regions, like Southwest Asia and West Asia, since when I search them online, it seems like them and the Middle East pretty much overlap. If finds the corresponding maps, please let me know.

      You can compare on your own Dodecad's Globe13 results with the ones they compiled in a spreadsheet showing admixtures for different word populations, including Spaniards, and populations from local Spanish regions such as Andalucía, Aragón, Canarias, Cantabria, Castilla-La Mancha, Castilla-León, Cataluña, Extremadura, Galicia, Murcia, País Vasco and Valencia. This is the address for their spreadsheets:

      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArJDEoCgzRKedGR2ZWRoQ0VaWTc0dlV1cHh4ZUNJRUE&pli=1#gid=24

      I feel my Globe13 results are represented with an accuracy similar to those from FamilyFinder and Geno2.0. According to my genealogical research, I think that going back 500 years most of my ancestors were living in or around modern day Mexico, Spain and Portugal. Thus, in order to interpret the results, I consider the percentiles shown for Spaniards in the spreadsheets (for Globe13 results) or for Iberians according to Geno2.0's Reference Populations (for FamilyFinder resutls, since I didn't find anything like that on my FTDNA account):

      https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/overview-of-regions-and-closest-populations/reference-populations/

      I show an example of the percentiles obtained by FamilyFinder and Globe13 using the same raw data, and my amateur interpretation of the results by adding numbers trying to get Spanish and Amerindian percentiles.

      Population Finder results and interpretation:

      26.42 % Europe (+- 1.76%; Finnish, Russian) + 22.89 % Middle East (+- 0.37%; North African; Mozabite) + 6.71 % South Asia (+- 1.71%; North Indian, Southeast Indian) = 56.02 % Spanish/Mediterranean

      43.98 % Native American (+- 0.09%; Mexico, Central America; Maya)= 43.98 % American Indian.

      Dodecad Wrapper's Globe 13 results (regions on parenthesis written by me):

      20.04% Mediterranean (Europe, Africa, Middle East)

      14.36% North European

      42.1% Amerindian

      5.13% Southwest Asian (Middle East); 6.4% West Asian (Middle East)

      0.98% South Asian; 1.25% East Asian; 0.03% Australasian

      4.46% West African; 0.44%  Palaeo African; 1.62% East African

      1.47% Siberian; 1.71% Arctic

      Interpretation of these results using Excel and the data from the spreadsheets for Spaniards:

      42.1% American Indian

      39.36 % Spanish

      2.94% SW Asian; 4.41 West Asian (7.34% additional Middle Eastern)

      0.82% South Asian; 1.25% East Asian; 0.03% Australasian

      4.11% West African; 0.40% Paleo African; 1.39% East African (5.9%)

      1.47% Siberian; 1.71% Arctic

      Best regards,
      VN

      ---In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, <garyf@...> wrote:

      VN,
      how accurately do you feel your results were represented using this utility? What populations showed up?

      Gary

      --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, <mnavarrovillalobos@...> wrote:

      > I would recommend reanalyzing the FTDNA Family Finder results with the "globe13" calculator form the DIYDodecad program:
      > http://dodecad.blogspot.mx/2011/09/do-it-yourself-dodecad-v-21.html
      >

      > I think you may get a better matching between the samples of your wife and mother-in-law.
      > VN
      >

      > ---In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, <sangerjaime@> wrote:
      >
      > Can some one tell me when FTDNA plans to update their Fact Finder and Population Finder tests? I recently had both my wife and my mother in law tested by FTDNA and both of them came out with different population results, although they both are each others closest relative with 3600 cms. So this in itself rules out that their vials were mixed up. The big admixture discrepancy that has me scratching my head is that my wife (Mexican) shows 49.99 Western European, 20% Middle East, 30% Native American with no Russian admixture and my mother in law shows 60% Eastern European (Russian), 16.89% Middle East and 23.48% Native American? One would think if this is correct my spouse would at least show some Russian admixture. I have come to understand that each parent contributes 50% , and that this 50% recombines unequally each time at conception. However, these percentages tell me that FTDNA's data base or test appears to be either confused, antiquated and needs to be updated........ Help anyone!!!
      >
      > Jaime Hernandez

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic