932Sephardic Ancestry

    Jan 20, 2014

      It is a difficult task finding Sephardic DNA but with more people contributing their DNA to the Family Finder utility is becoming easier.

      I noticed a relative (of my Mother Dolores Felix) match with 4 grandparents from Morocco with this person living in Israel. Through correspondence he confirmed Sephardic ancestry.

      He my Mother's matches :

      7MoroccoMoroccoMoroccoMoroccoFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSE1244.8249.14.37.7
      8SpainSpainNot ProvidedNot ProvidedFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSE1244.4249.14.78.7
      9USNot ProvidedUSUSFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSE1244.5249.14.68
      10MexicoUSMexicoUSFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSE1244.4248.54.17.6
      11FranceFranceFranceAlgeriaFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSE1244.4248.54.17.6
      Email contact confirms Sephardic DNA from Morocco on Chromosome 1 between 244.8 and 249.1

      Match 9 has a Spanish surname.

      I have updated the research page:

      http://garyfelix.tripod.com/~GaryFelix/index64.htm

      I have noticed that at least some of the previous matches on research page have shifted over with slightly different begining and ending segments since the research began.