      If you call or EMail FTDNA, they might be able to explain the margin of error better. However, they won't be able to tell you when they are going to change the algorithm. In the past, they've always sprung changes upon us without really saying anything.

      Randal Soza

      Jewish Mexico Arizona Southwest US Project Admin

      On Jan 19, 2014, at 12:45 PM, "sangerjaime@..." <sangerjaime@...> wrote:

      And that is another added confusion!!!  My wife's results indicate a margin of error on all her populations, except the NA, up to 11%.  Her mothers results on all population groups indicate 0% margin of error??  Something is definitely wrong!!!

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Randal Soza <mrrandalsoza@...>
      To: MexicoDNAProject <MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sun, Jan 19, 2014 9:39 am
      Subject: Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Updated DNA results

      Unfortunately, FTDNA shows a continental level and not a sub-region level. A few months ago, Bennett Greenspan had said that they would have a new population finder in "a few months"......knowing this, I suspect that this would mean anytime between now, and this summer. But it's just speculation for now. Don't forget, margin of error plays a big role in FTDNA's admixture determination, and that the "Russian" admixture for "Mexicans" may actually be Basque, which is also considered Western European.

      Randal Soza

      Jewish Mexico Arizona Southwest US Project Admin

      On Jan 19, 2014, at 9:33 AM, "sangerjaime@..." <sangerjaime@...> wrote:

      Can some one tell me when FTDNA plans to update their Fact Finder and Population Finder tests?  I recently had both my wife and my mother in law tested by FTDNA and both of them came out with different population results, although they both are each others closest relative with 3600 cms.  So this in itself rules out that their vials were mixed up.  The big admixture discrepancy that has me scratching my head is that my wife (Mexican) shows 49.99 Western European, 20% Middle East, 30% Native American with no Russian admixture and my mother in law shows 60% Eastern European (Russian), 16.89% Middle East and 23.48% Native American? One would think if this is correct my spouse would at least show some Russian admixture.  I have come to understand that each parent contributes 50% , and that this 50% recombines unequally each time at conception.  However, these percentages tell me that FTDNA's data base or test appears to be either confused, antiquated and  needs to be updated........ Help anyone!!!

      Jaime Hernandez