924Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Updated DNA results

  • Edward Romero
    Jan 19, 2014
      Hi, it looks like you have to contact FTDNA directly, they are the only ones that can answer your question. They have a contact box on their web site at the very right.
      I hope this helps  you. Ed

      On Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:27 AM, JOEL SR <hrjoel3@...> wrote:

      I suggest you read the article by Dr. Jonathan Marks and  Bret Lee Shelton tiled
      "Genetic "Markers"-Not a Valid Test of Native Identity".

      The theory that Native American genetic markers is not exclusive to Native Americans, but greater frequency.

      Mitochondrial analysis for Native American marker genes that the number of ancestors invisible to this test increases enormously.

      Y-chromosome analysis for Native American markers; this test only traces one line of ancestry and misses most of the subjects ancestry because the vast majority of the ancestors are invisible to the test.

      The test yield false negatives and the test also yield false positives. This especially interesting with the uncertainty because scientist have not tested all native people , so they do not know for sure that Native Americans only have the markers they have identified, if their maternal or fraternal  bloodline does not include a non-Indian.

      I think this would apply to other ethnicities as well as Native Americans.

      It is an interesting article that will make one think as to the accuracy of the how the DNA tests presently are and the objective conclusions made.

       Dr. Marks is a geneticist at University of North Carolina