918Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Updated DNA results

  • Randal Soza
    Jan 16, 2014
      You are Haplogroup Q........Q1a3 is a subgroup (called a subclade) of the main Q group......FTDNA just gave you a basic branch of the Haplogroup "tree"......the minimal testing they did determined that you belong to Haplogroup Q.........now, 23andme took it even further and refined your grouping within the "Q" branch.....and that grouping is Q1a3.......

      Randal Soza

      Jewish Mexico Arizona Southwest US Project Admin

      On Jan 16, 2014, at 9:10 PM, Gregory Pisano <goyosan1@...> wrote:

      My Family Tree Y-DNA test indicates my haplogroup as Q-M242. New 23andMe analysis indicates I am Q1a3*.  Can someone describe a comparison between the two and what the asterisk means?

      Gregory Pisaño

      (805) 748-5502

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic