912Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: Ancient human genomes suggest three ancestral populations for present-day Europe

  • JOEL SR
    Jan 1, 2014
      Marie:

      Good to hear from you.

      I have been in conference with Dr. Eske Willerslev, Geneticist, professor with Copenhagen University, Denmark.

      I have held one Skype conference with Eske and we are planning another Skype conference for sometime in January 2014.

      The male child found dates back to 24,000 in Mal'ta Siberia. His Y DNA was hg R and his mt DNA was U. HG P  held both hg Q and hg R.  HG U is related to another sister hg that is Native American.

      The main issue was there was no East Asian DNA in the child.

      Eske wants to extract DNA from about 20 members of the 7 clans within our tribe. Snip chips. Markers.

      The goal for the tribe is greater than just DNA extractions.  An academic and cultural relationship with Denmark and Copenhagen University.

      Our tribes has significant amount of land that is not being used. We presently have two buildings on the property. A tribal office and a cabin.

      Items to build on tribal land:
      1. A museum and a tribal office with the seven clans.
      2. Construct a traditional Cherokee village.
      3. Build a school and nursery school.
      4. Medical clinic.

      I was a student and played football in 1963 at Troy University, Troy, Alabama.
      Chancellor Hawkins and I have discussed the creation of an Alabama Indian Institute at Troy University and educational facilities on our tribal land for university disciplines as anthropology, biology etc..

      The issue for use of DNA. The main issue is the chain of custody from extraction from the individual to processing of the DNA at the lab and the personnel who handle the DNA and the protocol for sequencing processing of the DNA to final results and report.

      The DNA must meet the legal requirement that forensic and paternal does to be accepted by the federal and state courts. Otherwise the DNA results are not legal and do not prove one is a legal relative as a child with parents.

      All of the companies as Family Tree DNA etc.. do not employ a chain of custody for the DNA. There is no legal proof that the individual who had the DNA extracted is the one whose results are from the same person.

      The DNA for the tribe would not be for the ancient origin. The primary goal would be to establish tribal family relationships. How much blood kin do we have within the tribe?

      The chain of custody for the DNA must meet all legal requirements for both federal and state courts to become legal relatives.

      All of the Family Tree DNA relatives for me are not legal because there is no chain of custody of the evidence by FTDNA. There is no proof that my DNA is what FTDNA had tested and the results are not valid.

      Also, FTDNA protocol has no chain of custody of the evidence e.g. who received the DNA, evidence, who performed the testing and the results with the report.

      Family Tree DNA or others does not do legal DNA testing. Therefore, the DNA results are not legal or valid.

      This type of DNA testing may assist one with conventional genealogy research to trace ancestors and may locate current relatives.

      Lets stay in touch. Locate any other relatives?

      Joel