909Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: Ancient human genomes suggest three ancestral populations for present-day Europe

  • JOEL SR
    Dec 30, 2013
      Gary:

      The vagueness in the article as to Native Americans without identifying any specific tribe.

      What DNA studies on Native Americans, USA, identify specific tribes as the Iroquoian confederation, Cherokee, Mohawk, Seneca, Oneida, Tuscarora,  Onondaga and Cayuga. The Cherokee Nation withdrew from the Iroquoian Confederation.

      What are the current DNA for the autosomal for the different tribes, federal and state recognized, in the USA and compare them with Canada, Mexico, Central America and South America.

      How have the tribes evolved into the present? Are there markers for each tribe or has the admixture altered all tribes to a common blend?

      Unless the DNA studies are managed as forensic work where the  chain of custody is maintained from extraction to final report there will never be any legal indignity as in paternity cases.

      As an enrolled tribal member I do not think any tribe, federal or state recognized, will have a government need for ancient tribal origin, but current tribal relationships.

      I match up with 2 and 3 cousins who have C, X mt DNA and Q Y DNA that would be eligible for tribal enrollment as my relative if the DNA extraction had a forensic chain of custody control.
      This would then hold up in court as a child paternity like case as my relative. Be legal.

      There is no legal proof who had there mouth swabbed for the FTDNA or any other DNA test.
      The Eastern Band of Cherokee and the Seminole Tribe of Florida have all new born infants and then have the test material destroyed.

      Currently our tribe only requires that anyone seeking enrollment be a relative, no degree of blood, to a current enrolled or a deceased member.

      Joel K. Harris, Sr., Ph.D.