861Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: New deep Y DNA test for males

  • Joel Peres
    Nov 13, 2013
      Thanks Gary, as always, that's sound advise.   I'll stay on the sidelines on this one until we find a compelling reason for me to test.

      On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Gary Felix <garyf@...> wrote:

      Hi Joel,
      you have done a good job of narrowing down your line. This test would be best for someone not able to narrow down their line using slow mutating STR matching or those who have experimented by testing downstream markers.

      More SNP's also known as SNIPS should be discovered using the big Y product and may provide direction in testing for downstream markers.

      From: Joel Peres <joelfrancisperes@...>
      To: "MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com" <MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2013 3:58 PM
      Subject: Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: New deep Y DNA test for males

      Gary,
      In my particular case, having tested over 100 STRs, tasted for the various SNPs downstream from P-312, as well as taken the NatGeo test, what will this test teach us that we don't already know?  I'm R1b Z278+.
      Just curious, I would be happy to take this test if it aids the research community or if it uncovers anything that we're not keenly aware of.
      Thanks
      Joel F Peres
      Chandler, AZ

      On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 3:00 PM, garyf@... <garyf@...> wrote:

      Here are more details:

      The idea of being able to discover new SNP's during sequencing sounds very promising.

      --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, "garyf@..." wrote:

      > A new test is being offered to help discover your terminal SNP. This
      > offer can be found on your FTDNA pages:BIG Y DNA TestNext Gen Y
      > SequencingPresale order today and get a $200 discount!$695 $495
      > > Lt7Q%3d> *Sale Ends December 1st, 2013Explore.Most Y SNPs Available
      > * Nearly 25,000 known SNPs, placing you deep on the haplotree.
      > * 10 Million base-pair coverage - more than any other Y-DNA test on

      > the market.
      > Discover.New SNPs Unique to You
      > * Find SNPs that may be completely unique to you.
      > * Explore your deep paternal ancestry.
      > Contribute.Advanced Genetic Anthropology
      > * Help the community uncover new, undiscovered SNPs.
      > * Use your newly discovered SNPs to helpgrow the haplotree.
      > [xome]

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic