      From: JOEL SR <hrjoel3@...>
      To: "MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com" <MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, November 9, 2013 3:10 PM
      Subject: Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: Native Americans Have Deep Ancestry in Europe

      Gary:

      This article.
      Willerslev reported that the team was able to sequence the boy's genome, and also to radiocarbon date the bone. The team then used a variety of statistical methods to compare the genome with that of living populations. They found that a portion of the boy's genome is shared only by today's Native Americans and no other groups, showing a close relationship. Yet the child's Y chromosome belongs to a genetic group called Y haplogroup R, and its mitochondrial DNA to a haplogroup U. Today, those haplogroups are found almost exclusively in people living in Europe and regions of Asia west of the Altai Mountains, which are near the borders of Russia, China, and Mongolia."

      we can say they were not able to match the non Native American portion to present day populations and only able to eliminate East Asians. This is probably due to more recent admixture by populations west of where these bones were found. They only tie into Europeans with the haploid markers of R and U.  Native Americans come from a very small population of Beringians and if all Native Americans have this autosomal dna then this would go back to the small founder population.  East Asians and not Northeast Asians have been surrounded by mountains and developed their own present day autosomal dna with the genetic picture to the west being more convoluted.

      The remaining non Native American DNA found must belong to the more convoluted DNA population.  At least until this is clarified by the author.

      Joel K. Harris, Sr., Ph.D.