850Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: Native Americans Have Deep Ancestry in Europe

  • Randal Soza
    Nov 9, 2013
      I must add something very interesting though. When running Native American through "old world" admixture calculators, I'm constantly presented with the results of European/Altaic populations. It usually shows up as something from the Finnish/Ural populations with Uyghur/Chuvash populations. Before the report came out,  I always found that interesting, because Southeast Asian never shows up.

      Randal Soza

      Jewish Mexico Southwest US DNA Project Admin

      On Nov 9, 2013, at 1:42 PM, "garyf@..." <garyf@...> wrote:

      From this quote:
      "Willerslev reported that the team was able to sequence the boy's genome, and also to radiocarbon date the bone. The team then used a variety of statistical methods to compare the genome with that of living populations. They found that a portion of the boy's genome is shared only by today's Native Americans and no other groups, showing a close relationship. Yet the child's Y chromosome belongs to a genetic group called Y haplogroup R, and its mitochondrial DNA to a haplogroup U. Today, those haplogroups are found almost exclusively in people living in Europe and regions of Asia west of the Altai Mountains, which are near the borders of Russia, China, and Mongolia."

      we can say they were not able to match the non Native American portion to present day populations and only able to eliminate East Asians. This is probably due to more recent admixture by populations west of where these bones were found. They only tie into Europeans with the haploid markers of R and U.  Native Americans come from a very small population of Beringians and if all Native Americans have this autosomal dna then this would go back to the small founder population.  East Asians and not Northeast Asians have been surrounded by mountains and developed their own present day autosomal dna with the genetic picture to the west being more convoluted.

      The remaining non Native American DNA found must belong to the more convoluted DNA population.  At least until this is clarified by the author.

      --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, Joel Peres wrote:

      > So if about 1/3 of his autosomal DNA was quantified as Amerindian, what
      > were the other 2/3s? Mediterranean? Eastern Euro? Northern Euro?
      > Mideast/West Asian? Basque/Sardinian-esqe? Fascinating stuff
      >

      > On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Carl Senna carlfsenna@... wrote:
      >

      > > Thanks, Gary, for the clarification. People have deep ancestry in People,
      > > otherwise what's the point of grasping for straws to prove that Native
      > > Americans are really one-third perhaps linked to European stock somewhere,
      > > too, just like....American Caucasians....?????Well, we're all Africans,
      > > too, if we look at our genetic inheritance back long enough.
      > > Carl
      > >
      > > Sent from my iPad
      > >
      > > On Nov 8, 2013, at 3:02 PM, Gary Felix garyf@... wrote:
      > >

      > > This blog says that this ancient Siberian was Ydna R1b and the original
      > > paper on this discovery says the bones were tested as the rare
      > > parahaplogroup R. This is a very significant difference. The fact that this
      > > ancient Siberian boy had about a third of his autosomal dna found only in
      > > today's Native Americans leads to the possibility that his ancestry was
      > > pre-European since his dna has no affinity with East Asian populations
      > > today.
      > >
      > > Gary
      > > Mexico DNA Project Admin.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic