827Re: [MexicoDNAProject] RE: Family Finder results

  • Danny Borquez
    Oct 28, 2013
      Hi Gary,

       I was checking FTDNA  for Haplotree & SNP's and I saw all the SNP's they showed I could test for , when I compared those to my Geno 2 results  I had tested positive for the majority of them . I called Family Tree and asked them why my results haven't been merged ( It's been close to 8 months) and they told me they are having tech problems with this procedure. This issue has been brought up by a lot of other people and they don't know when it will be fixed but they are working on it. When Joel mentioned M207 I saw I was positive for it on my Geno 2 results so that's when I started comparing FTDNA with my Geno 2 results.
      I just thought I'd bring it up in case anyone else has noticed that problem.
      Danny

      On Sunday, October 27, 2013 1:44 PM, JOEL SR <hrjoel3@...> wrote:

      Hi Joel
      Can you post this to our yahoo group?

      Gary

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Oct 27, 2013, at 11:30 AM, JOEL SR <hrjoel3@...> wrote:

      Gary:

      On the Haplotree SNP

      How can one tell what SNP to order for testing? It appears that I could be tested for all of these
      1. L23 !
        1. L150 !
          1. L51 !
            1. L52L11P311P310 !L151
              1. U106 !
                1. U198 !
                2. P107 !
                3. L1 !
                4. L48 !
                  1. L47 !
                    1. L44 !L163
                      1. L46 !
                        1. L45L164 !L237
                  2. L148 !
                  3. L188 !
                5. L6 !
                6. P89.2 !
                7. L217 !
                8. L257 !
                9. L325 !
              2. P312 !
                1. M65 !
                2. M153 !
                3. U152 !
                  1. M126 !
                  2. M160 !
                  3. L2 !
                    1. L20 !
                      1. M228.2 !
                    2. L196 !
                  4. L4 !
                4. L21 !
                  1. M37 !
                  2. M222 !
                  3. P66 !
                  4. L96 !
                  5. L144 !L195
                  6. L159.2 !
                  7. L193 !
                  8. L226 !
                  9. P314.2 !
                5. L176.2 !
                  1. SRY2627 !
                  2. L165 !
      2. M335
      1. V88
        1. M18
      2. P267P249M124L266
        1. L294
      Legend: Your Confirmed HaplogroupYour Predicted Haplogroup+Tested Positive-Tested Negative^Presumed Positive!Test Available...Test In Progress

      P232 ^P224 ^P227 ^P280 ^P285 ^M207 ^P229 ^ What does it mean that you are assumed positive for these items? What SNP do they represent?

      Joel

      Gary:

      How rare is R M207? Is connected with Q  and fromP45?

      See copied.

      In human genetics, Haplogroup R is a Y-chromosome DNA haplogroup, a subgroup of haplogroup P, associated with the M207 mutation. It is believed to have occurred somewhere in Northwest Asia between 30,000 and 35,000 years ago. However, most of the rare forms of Haplogroup R chromosomes, as well as most cases of the closely related Haplogroup Q, are found among populations of Central Asia, South Asia, Australia, Siberia, Native Americans, and

      ");

      Joel K. Harris, Sr., Ph.D.