809RE: Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: Garza Tejano Sephardim PBS Show

  • veronica_rahorn
    Oct 23, 2013

      Joel,

      My father is Tomas Sevallos Vidaure.  Please feel free to email me at my personal email: vrahorn@... if you wish to discuss our genealogy.

      Veronica Vidaure Rahorn

      ---In mexicodnaproject@yahoogroups.com, <joelfrancisperes@...> wrote:

      I happen to match Puerto Ricans w/ the last name Roman so that could be distant link.  They're J something Y-group, as you know I'm R1b, but I've yet to test a male Roman in my family, I've only tested male Nava & Peres/Perez when it comes to Y line stuff.  I found the book, its gonna be a nice gift for my parents, I tend to be too lazy to read in Spanish, lol it takes too long and it requires too much thought.  :)

      On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 3:11 PM, garyf@... <garyf@...> wrote:

      Your welcome Joel,
      got it on amazon through a third party.
      Los Conversos Y La Inquisicion Sevillana
      Sold by bookden sacramento
      Condition: used - verygood

      In scanning this book there is another Garza that shows up with the name Alonso Rodriguez Ojos de Garza. Married Catalina Martinez. From documentation in 1476.

      There are many Alonso's listed without locations and even a few Fernando Alonso's. One is from Almonte which is in Huelva.
      There is a Marcos Alonso who's son Diego Marquez is listed as being from Manzanilla in Huelva also.

      I have been looking at the Villarreal entry and it seems the Conversos of this line were from Toledo and they show some migration to Puerto Rico. A Y DNA link could help in this research.

      Gary

      --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, Joel Peres <joelfrancisperes@...> wrote:

      > Gary
      > Great info Gary, thanks! I believe the Nuevo Leon Carbajals were also from
      > Lepe. On 23andme I match an Azorean who also claims to be originally from
      > Lepe. Small world. Where did you score that book? I can't find it on
      > Amazon.
      > Thanks again Gary!
      > Joel F Peres
      > Chandler, AZ
      >

      > On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 2:31 PM, garyf@... <garyf@...>wrote:
      >
      > > **

      > > Hi Joel,
      > > I recently order a 5 volume book in Spanish called the Conversos and the
      > > Inquisition of Seville by Gil. I purchased this book since as you all may
      > > know Seville was the gateway to the Americas.
      > >
      > > Looks to be hundreds of surnames linked to the Conversos. One name listed
      > > is de la Garza of Lepe. Its says a surname frequently found in Lepe Says
      > > the first appearance in the Penitencias by Pedro de la Garza m Iseo
      > > Rodriguez; Constanza de la Garza wife of Pedro de Lepe; Diego de la Garza
      > > m. Beatriz Alonso; Elvira de la Garza wife of Pedro Marquez, and Juan de la
      > > Garza m. Catalina Rodriguez.
      > >
      > > It then lists the following:
      > > Francisco de la Garza, Carpenter from Lepe he was accused before the
      > > Inquisition Canaria in 1524. Then gives the source.
      > >
      > > His siblings:
      > > Alonso de la Garza surgeon from Lepe. He was burned at the stake (relaxed)
      > > in the Island of la Palma in 1526.
      > >
      > > Constanza de la Garza, from Lepe. Burned at the stake after death in
      > > effigy. 1526
      > >
      > > Pedro de la Garza condemned and married someone condemned
      > > Son: Sancho de la Garza
      > >
      > > Pedro Sanchez de la Garza
      > > Daughter: Leonor Diaz, reconciled wife of Fernando de Marchena also
      > > reconciled.
      > >
      > > The associated surnames are of course strikingly familiar.
      > >
      > > Sources are listed and this entry is in Vol 4 pg 139.
      > >
      > > Gary

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic