67Fwd: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: DNA/Genealogy et al

    Jun 21, 2013
      Hola Beto,
      FTDNA's autosomal testing is still in the Beta or testing phase. 23andme's autosomal is superior but both have their deficiencies. For admixed populations autosomal testing is particularly difficult. FTDNA is still calling our Euro heritage, Eastern European in origin. 23andme is more accurate in showing our Iberian ancestry with little to no Eastern Euro in our autosomal makeup. 23andme still leaves some DNA unassigned or un-classified.

      The ancestry breakdown at 23andme is more specific comparing your results with many more populations. They are developing quite a database with a 99 dollar price tag so comparisons should improve.

      Since Robert Tarin is developing a matrix that will compare Mexico project members who have taken the Family Finder test at FTDNA you will be able to see at a glance who you are related to in the project. This is a feature 23andme does not have since they do not have geographical projects. You can see what I have done on the Family Finder link to the left of this page but my computer ran out of memory and I have not updated it in a while.

      --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, Heriberto Escamilla <betoescamilla@...> wrote:

      > Hola Gary, thanks for the site; to follow up on your response to Jaime, how does 23andme autosomal analysis compare to Family Tree DNA's Family finder/ Do you know if one or the other is more current or accurate?
      >
      > Heriberto (Beto) Escamilla

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic