664Udacity course - Tales from the Genome
- Sep 30, 2013I just took the first course of this series.
Hopefully I'll understand better what I'm doing with my DNA testing after completing all of them.
Thought maybe others here might enjoy it too.
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
Udacity Genetics Course Launching September 30thHi Udacity! Together with personal genetics company 23andMe, Udacity has developed an exciting new introductory course, Tales from the Genome, where you will take a journey into the biology of the human genome and learn basic genetics. Make sure to sign up for the course, which launches on September 30th, and share with your friends!
Although the whole course will be a learning extravaganza, Lesson 7 will be particularly handy when you want to read and understand genetic information available from personal genetics services such as 23andMe. We�re very excited to announce that 23andMe is offering a sweepstakes of 50 personal DNA testing kits for Tales from the Genome students! To be eligible, students must enroll in the course by October 31, 2013, and be based in the US. Winners will be announced on November 6, 2013. See the official rules here.
To be eligible, students must:
- Sign up for an account at 23andMe.com (both free demo account and Personal Genome Service accounts are eligible);
- Sign up for an account at Udacity.com using the same email address as 23andMe account;
- Enroll in Udacity�s course, Tales from the Genome; and
- Complete any two lessons and two problem sets in Tales from the Genome. The participant must answer all quiz questions within any two lessons and all questions within any two problem sets correctly. These problem sets do not need to correspond to the two lessons completed.
Want to get started early with Tales from the Genome? You�re in luck, because course instructor Dr. Matt Cook has created a special bonus lesson, DIY Genetics: DNA Extraction in Your Kitchen. Grab a DIY buddy and get ready to get messy with DNA in your kitchen!
- See more at: http://blog.udacity.com/2013/09/udacity-genetics-course-launching.html?utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bio930#sthash.AWz75WO4.dpuf
- Next post in topic >>