630Re: Fw: Family Finder - Native American Component

    Sep 6, 2013
      Danny,
      this is a good question and on another thread we were discussing whether Pima found in Population finder results from Sonora and Chihuahua were from the Na Dene tribes of the US Southwest.

      There was a Native American population expansion out of Columbia that produced the Ydna Q-M19 marker as evidenced in this paper:
      "  Lineage Q-M19 had previously been detected in the Ticuna of the upper Amazon and in the Wayuu, a population living in the Guajira peninsula on the extreme north of Colombia's Caribbean coast (Ruiz-Linares et al. 1999). Both populations have been classified in the Equatorial-Tucano linguistic family (Ruhlen 1991). The Q-M19 lineage was not detected in any of the other South Amerind populations examined here. Our survey included several populations occupying areas intermediate between the Ticuna and the Wayuu and comprises eight additional representatives of the Equatorial-Tucano linguistic family (figs. ​(figs.11 and ​and2).2). The restricted distribution of Q-M19 chromosomes would suggest that this lineage has a recent origin. However, the estimated age for Q-M19 is similar to the one obtained for its parental haplogroup Q-M3 (∼7,000–8,000 ybp). This observation suggests that population isolation and possibly the process of tribalization of Native Americans started soon after the initial human dispersal in the region."

      If Population Finder is showing minor percentages of Siberian Yakut ancestry then certainly a component of Columbian ancestry traversing the pacific ocean could be found north of its origin in Sonora in this utility.

      Orcadian is a reference population for NW European and since it is a Island it could exhibit some founder effect for an the early settlement of this region. DNA studies have linked the Islands to the Vikings to some extent as well.

      --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, Danny Borquez wrote:

> [...]
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic