626Re: Y-DNA Results

    Sep 5, 2013
      Hello Joel,
      your results show up as estimates. If you use the Tip utility then you get a percentage chance of a common ancestor over time.

      Filtering in a database means changing your search parameters to get results that are more meaningful.

      DYS19b is a rare Y dna marker.

      You can post your Ydna results to Ysearch.org to compare them with anyone else. FTDNA does this as well with your matches utility.

      If you find close matches use the Tip utility on your matches page to find an estimate of how closely you are related to someone.

      Best,
      Gary

      --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, JOEL SR <hrjoel3@...> wrote:

      > Gary:
      >
      > How accurate are the "results" by Family Tree DNA?
      >
      > What do you mean by "filtering the results"?
      >
      > What does DYS19b mean?
      >
      > How can we post our Y-STR values and match them with other members of the Mexico DNA project?
      >
      > What does it mean if only a few of the values, 4 to 5, do not match say from 67?
      >
      > Joel

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic