598New Sanchez from Sonora Results Posted

    Aug 25, 2013
      New Sanchez, JamesWest European - R1b,13241310111412121113132918091011112515192915151717

      Sanchez, JamesSuamca Mission at Santa Cruz, Sonora Mexico> Northern Sonora Mexico. Haplogroup R1b most frequent in Western Europe. See this cluster of YDNA 14 of 15 marker match(es) (one step mismatch at DYS19) to 1 of 197 Basque Country, Spain [Spanish], 1 of 205 Bahia, Brazil [Admixed Brazilian], 1 of 31 Rio Branco, Brazil [Admixed Brazilian], 1 of 1407 United States [Hispanic American], 1 of 102 Oran, Algeria [Arab], 1 of 131 Illinois, United States [African American] & 1 of 130 Modena, Italy [Italian] in this -YHRD database search. Oldest Ydna ancestor - Marcial Sanchez was with the 1774 Anza expedition to find a route to California m Vicenta Azedo> Jose Ramon Sanchez is a soldier 1801 in the Santa Cruz valley (Suamca area). Contact Teddi Montes

      Teddi,
      if you would like to update anything just let me know.

      --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, Teddi Montes wrote:

      > ALL that I have so far after 35 years....Marcial Sanchez. (wife is
      > Vicenta Azedo) bapt. a son in 1754 at Suamca, was a godparent in 1760
      > at Guevavi, and was with the 1774 Anza expedition to find a route to
      > California. I find him NOWHERES ELSE after 1774. His son, Jose
      > Ramon, is a soldier 1801 in the Santa Cruz valley (Suamca area). All
      > locations are northern Sonora. The Azedo surname and also Sanchez is
      > found in the area in the roster etc. I do not find him on the Tubac
      > or Tucumcacori padrones. Still searching mission records......and for
      > clues as to the origins of Marcial.
      >
      > Mysteries??? Yea...like WHO are these guys and WHERE did you come
      > from??? South via Arizpe or Alamos or New Mexico or Chihuahua/
      > Durango????
      >

      > LOTS of mysteries and I am so hoping we have some sort of a FF cousin
      > match w the Miranda Y guy!!!!
      >
      > Have not done anything w Y search so can you do that?
      >
      > Teddi Montes

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic