540Re: Pisaño from Chihuahua

    Aug 19 9:55 PM
      Your welcome Gregory,
      your family finder results indicate Maya and Pima just like mine does.  There were 3 migrations from Siberia.  The first was the paleolithic Amerind and the next was the Na Dene speakers and the most recent was the Eskimo.

      Perhaps other members can support or not what I am about to type but it looks like those of us near the Na Dene speakers are picking up Pima rather than the Maya which would be Amerind and the vast majority of Native American ancestry.
      Here is a map of the Na Dene speakers:

      I am showing Maya from my Mother's Native American ancestry and I must get the Pima from my Father's DNA (he was not tested). His ancestry is from Sonora and could be a reflection of some Na Dene migration into Sonora.

       There are a few in the project who are showing a small percentage of Yakut which is Siberian and really shouldn't be showing up as part of our recent ancestry on Family Finder.

      --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, "Gregory Pisano" wrote:

      > Gary, Thank you. I used this quite a bit when I was in SLC last fall but it
      > is a good reminder to go back and review it again. I have been making some
      > progress understanding my Q haplogroup. I found a link on Wikipedia
      > (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-DNA_haplogroups_in_indigenous_peoples_of_the
      > _Americas) that can be sorted. Based on my Q-M242 haplotype and my
      > genealogical paper trail, I reckon that I might be one of the Uto-Aztecan
      > language groups.
      >

      > Gregory Pisaño
      >
      > (805) 748-5502

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic