517Re: Pisaño from Chihuahua

  • mexr1b@att.net
    Aug 19 3:21 PM
      Q is also found in Europe albeit at a very low frequency.

      Take a look at the map

      http://www.familytreedna.com/public/ydna_Q/default.aspx?section=ymap

      amd the list of people that tested positive

      http://www.familytreedna.com/public/ydna_Q/default.aspx?section=yresults

      and Robert Taríns www.iberianroots.com

      http://www.iberianroots.com/Statistics/spain.html

      Regardless, I do agree that his paternal line is most likely Mexican Indian.

      --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, JOEL SR <hrjoel3@...> wrote:

      > Hola Pisano:
      >
      > Q is Native American. Q and R are from the P.  It appears that Spanish surnames were given to Mexican Indians as done to North Native Americans acquired European names. We call them Christian names.
      > My tribal name is Tsoquali Giga  Adawehi.
      >
      > Joel K. Harris, Sr., Ph.D.

    • Show all 43 messages in this topic