503Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Pisaño from Chihuahua

  • Edmund Fimbres
    Aug 18, 2013
      Regardless, European Y-dna dominates in the current Mexican popualation: http://imageshack.us/f/829/haplomexico.png/    This is because the earliest waves of Spaniards had a very high male to female ratio.  Given the generational head start by the early settlers, subsequent more gender balanced immigrations would have a very limited impact on the Y-dna ratio given the multiplier over time effect of the earlier imbalance.

      On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 12:48 AM, osalinas3 <osalinas3@...> wrote:

      Excuse me for being a buttinsk but that most Spaniards came without women is a misconception.  Maybe the first Conquistadors  didn't but many, many Spainards and other Europeans came not only with women but whole families and even servants. If you read the lists of the passengers on ships which arrived to the New World as early as the 1500's you will see for yourself. Also in records of new arrivals requesting land they state so and so who arrived with his wife or his family requests this much land.  I've done years of research and have seen many records especially from the LDS church.

      Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Express™, an AT&T LTE smartphone

      -------- Original message --------
      From: Edmund Fimbres <slimered@...>
      Date: 08/18/2013 12:32 AM (GMT-06:00)
      To: MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Pisaño from Chihuahua

      Since the Spanish did not for the most part bring women with them, they interbred with the native americans which has resulted in predominantly European Y haplogroups among the mestizos such as R. However your Q-M242 is pretty clearly native in origin.

      On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 10:19 PM, Gregory Pisano <goyosan1@...> wrote:

      I have a paper trail back to the early 1800s for my surname and its variant spellings (Pisana, Pizano, Pizana, with or without tilde) in Chihuahua.  The oldest reference is in Rio Florido, near Ciudad Chihuahua, most recently in Ciudad Juarez, before coming into Arizona around 1880.  However, my haplogroup is Q-M242; not an R like most others in this forum. Anyone care to comment on this or perhaps someone has run across this surname in their research?

      Gregory Pisaño

      (805) 748-5502

      --
      Edmund E. Fimbres Esq.