467"Middle Eastern" DNA

  • Sam
    Aug 13, 2013
      What are we to make of Middle Eastern dna. My Family Finder on FTDNA indicated I have 30.8% Middle Eastern dna. Frankly, I was astounded at the high percentage given that I am a descendant of old Hispano families here in NM.
      Is this an indicator of semitic, possibly "Crypto-Jewish" heritage that has been the cause of considerable controversy here? Does it point to Moorish heritage from the Iberian peninsula?
      I know a number of Hispanos here have a high percentage of Middle Eastern dna reported but I haven't seen the issue directly addressed.
      Can anyone shed some light on this?
      Sam Dominguez
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic