      From: Joel Peres <joelfrancisperes@...>
      To: "MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com" <MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2013 7:25 AM
      Subject: Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: R1b and the franco-cantabrian refuge

      Heriberto,
      I just realized you're a predicted 4th cousin match of mine over @ FTDNA Family Finder.
      Cheers

      On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 8:12 PM, Heriberto Escamilla <betoescamilla@...> wrote:

      Gary, on the FTDNA site, I am 1 step away from Leonel, Luis Garza Cantu, Henry Garza and Arturo Garza. I have not been able to find the paper trail though. Cris Rendon found support for an adoption that took place. My great-great Grandfather Ignacio Escamilla was born in 1826 to Rafael Nunez Salazar and Antonia Longina Morales. Ignacio and the younger sibs used the last name Escamilla, while the older ones kept Nunez. One of the older sibs married Ignacio Escamilla Salazar. It appears that both Rafael and Antonia died before 1838. It seems to me that the younger sibs may have been adopted by Ignacio Escamilla and Maria de la Luz Nunez Morales, the older sib. This is all conjecture, but makes sense and fits with oral history. If so, I still need to find that connection between Nunez and Garza.

      Beto

      Sent: Friday, August 9, 2013 7:09 PM

      Hola Beto,
      Your terminal SNP is R-P312 but if your genetic cousin is Rey Montemayor, he tested positive for DF27, then you would also be DF27 as well.
      Since your have the Marcos Alonso de la Garza YDNA signature:
      Escamilla, HeribertoWest European - R1b-P31213241411131512121113132915091011112515193215151617
      Campos Jr., Robert IgnacioWest European - R1b13241411131512121113132915091011112515193215151617
      Montemayor, Ernest ArthurWest European - R1b-P2513241411131512121113132915091011112515193215151617
      Montemayor, ReyIberian - R1b-DF2713241411131512121013132915091011112515193215151617
      I believe this is as far as anyone with the Garza line has tested.
      I can't tell from your email if this Escamilla who is of the Garza line is you.

      Gary

      --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, Heriberto Escamilla wrote:

      > Buenas tardes, I just received a negative results for L176.2, so I am still 312+ as terminal SNP, is that the proper way of saying it?
      >
      > Beto

    • Show all 55 messages in this topic