451Re: DF81+ candidates

  • realdealtarin
    Aug 10, 2013

      Thanks Gary,

      You saw my DF81+ results before I did...LOL. I hope my results encourage those R1b folks in the project with these particular marker values I listed to get tested for DF81. At least to me, this kind of looks to be a Basque cluster. BTW, I took the haplotypes from Mike Walsh's spreadsheet that were tentatively listed as DF81 (N=37) and ran them through Ken Nordverdt's Generations 111 spreadsheet and found a TMRCA of about 4,000 years and a Coalescence of about 2,000 years for this cluster. Finally I have narrowed down my subclade....now to see where it goes from here.

      So to all of the P312 and DF27 people with those markers values, please test for DF81 so we can advance our knowledge of this cluster and our ancient roots.

      Robert Tarín

      --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, "garyf@..." wrote:

      > Congradulations Robert on your positive result for DF81. You call it!
      > We now have our second positive and this marker is currently near the root of DF27.
      >
      > Gary
      >
      > --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, "realdealtarin" realdealt@ wrote:
      > >

      > > I was looking at Mike Walsh's R1bP312xL21 Haplotypes spreadsheet in the
      > > Yahoo Groups R1b-P312-Project and he has done a great job of sorting the
      > > various subclades (and potential candidates) under P312. Of immediate
      > > interest to me is the group that is potentially DF81+. Scanning across
      > > this group I see what looks like some very telling marker values that
      > > possibly identify DF81 individuals. Two Hispanics in this group have
      > > tested positive for DF81 so far. Mike has labeled this group as
      > > "d81-1416".
      > >

      > > Those values are DYS458=16 (92% of the group), DYS487=14 (81% of the
      > > group) and possibly with DYS449=28 (51% of the group). These values
      > > differ from the other subclades.
      > >

      > > Of this group (37 individuals), the surnames are at least 75% Hispanic
      > > with many being Basque. My own results for DF81 SNP testing are due in
      > > about two weeks and I suspect I will be positive for DF81. I would
      > > encourage those individuals who are R1b-P312 and especially in the
      > > subclade DF27 having this combination of markers to get themselves
      > > tested for DF81. It is possible that DF81 may be a cluster from Basque
      > > Country.
      > >
      > > Robert

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic