379Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: I am at loose ends & How Do I Join the Project?

    Aug 1, 2013
      Also different methods if I recall correctly. 23amdme uses hapmap and FTDNA uses ref. populations to determine biogeographical regions.

      Gary

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 1, 2013, at 9:23 AM, Joel Peres <joelfrancisperes@...> wrote:

      Yes, 23andme me have a larger autosomal database then FTDNA  :)

      On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Heriberto Escamilla <betoescamilla@...> wrote:

      Thanks Gary, maybe there is some political influence. Hey, but I received the list of DNA relatives through 23andme. And I see some very good leads that hopefully respond. This aspect of the site seems a little better than Family Tree. Maybe there are more people that use 23andme?

      Beto

      Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:06 PM

      Subject: Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: I am at loose ends & How Do I Join the Project?

      Beto,
      judging by FTDNA's European designation for Mexican origins being Russian or Finland and 23andme's being Iberian and/or So. European I would give 23andme the edge. Also FTDNA is still in the Beta stage.

      FTDNA counts Jewish as Middle Eastern and 23andme has Ashkenazi as European.