370Searching our Yahoo Group Messages

  • Peggy Deras
    Jul 31 1:10 PM
      Hi All,

      Members may be unaware about Yahoo Groups' message search feature.

      If you vaguely remember something we discussed a couple of months ago; all you have to do is log on to Yahoo and our group at:

      Click on Messages in the left column and fill in the SEARCH box with whatever you want to find.

      All messages with that term will pop up going back to our very first message.
      You can then browse them to your heart's content.

      Same result with a name.
      Type Vasquez into the SEARCH box and all messages (including this one) containing mentions of the name Vasquez will pop up.

      You can also browse the FILES, PHOTOS, LINKS and POLLS links in the left side bar.
      Gary has been busy.

      I have been moderating a Yahoo Group for years. So I'm familiar with the ins and outs.
      My other group (about 70 interior designers) has 7012  messages going back to 2001.
      They are a treasure trove for the members.

      Logging in for the first time can be kind of tricky, especially if you already have one or more Yahoo accounts for email, etc.
      Follow the instructions below.
      Once you have set up you account with Yahoo Groups all you will have to do is enter your password to access the site.

      Gary, we can create a FILE with these instructions and set it up to automatically go out to new members if you like.

      To get full access to the group, otherwise known as "web membership," please follow the instructions below:

      You will be asked to sign in with your Yahoo! ID. (If you are not a registered Yahoo! member, you need to sign up for a free account on this page. Once you complete your registration, you will be returned to the Membership Wizard.)

      Make sure the EMAIL ADDRESS WHERE YOU ARE RECEIVING MESSAGES from the group appears in the Membership Wizard. If it does not appear, add it via the link provided. (If you add an address, you will be sent a verification email to that address to assure that you own it. Please check your email and follow the instructions in the message sent to you.)

      Once your email address appears in the Membership Wizard as verified, continue with the steps in the wizard to convert your memberships to "web memberships." Upon completing the Membership Wizard, you should be recognized upon returning to the group and shouldn't experience this problem with the addresses you've just converted in the future.

      You should also be able to:

      Access your group web features, such as Photos, Files, Calendar, and more.
      Easily control the email delivery settings for all of your groups, via the Groups web site. Just visit the My Groups page.

      There you can change your email address or message delivery settings such as whether you want individual emails or a daily digest.

      For more information on this issue, please read this help section:

      If you are still having problems, please send Yahoo your email address and ID. They will then assist you in logging on. Once you have their "cookie" on your computer, you should be able to log on with just a click.

      Be sure to bookmark the site by adding it to your "Favorites" or "Bookmarks".

      Regards,

      Peggy Deras

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic