      From: "mexr1b@..." <armandor1b@...>
      To: MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 8:36 PM
      Subject: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: R1b Origins

      Gary,

      Since most of the R1b in the project would test positive for DF27 have you urged them to test for that SNP? Are there certain STRs that would point to someone being DF27 as opposed to one of the sibling clades or even U106?

      When was DF27 first identified as being the most common for Mexican R1b? Who made the discovery?