      From: Gary Felix <garyf@...>
      To: "MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com" <MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2013 8:46 PM
      Subject: Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: I am at loose ends & How Do I Join the Project?

      Hi Joel,
      this is mtdna haplogroup H.
      Per FTDNA:
      Mitochondrial haplogroup H is a predominantly European haplogroup that originated outside of Europe before the last glacial maximum (LGM). It first expanded in the northern Near East and southern Caucasus between 33,000 and 26,000 years ago, and later migrations from Iberia suggest it reached Europe before the LGM. It has also spread to Siberia and Inner Asia. Today, about 40% of all mitochondrial lineages in Europe are classified as haplogroup H.

      Native American mtdna haplogroups are certain subclades of A,B,C,D and X.

      Best,
      Gary