      From: teresa martinez <teresalovesla@...>
      To: "MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com" <mexicodnaproject@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 11:49 PM
      Subject: RE: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: Dominguez de Mendoza

      Hola Joel!
      I have Torrez in my Family, my GGrandfather was a Reyes Torrez, GM Refugia, I have Haplogroup A2 , B, C, D showing up, soon I will have my Fathers DNA results and not sure what that is going show. Then I will decide if I am going to do the FTDNA and/or have one of my aunts also submit a sample as well to tell the exact heritage of my Grandmother. She is what I am most interest in because she was the nicest , her mother was a Francisca Rodriguez. Her family heritage was very important to her and she would always say that to my German Mother who is H16. It was my mother who kept on telling me to do the research....23&me said I was related to Eva Longoria who is a A2.
      Most recently I found a document that said my GGGrandmother a Sanchez-Torrez was 1/8 "Negro". There was NO African dna shown in my sample....anyone else? There was a particular word they used which I will look up again and share..
      I am mainly interested in my Grandmothers family....Estrada, Sanchez, Torrez, Rodriguez...my Dad is fine with that and feels the same way...
      Teresa
      To: MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com From: hrjoel3@... Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 10:34:15 -0700 Subject: Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: Dominguez de Mendoza
       Hola Teresa:

      I have a suggestion. I will list my DNA areas and seek comments.

      I have done the Family Finder, mtDNA, low level, and the YDNA 67 with the 12 markers.

      I am an enrolled member of the Echota Cherokee Tribe of Alabama.

      See the following family relations:
      NameMr. Richard Melendrez Lujan Amador Cueva Flores
      E-mailzin4richard@...

      Matches

      Haplogroups

      Y-DNAQ1a3aShorthandQ-L53
      mtDNAN/A

      Surnames

      • Amador [Mexico],
      • Castillo [Mexico],
      • Cortes [Mexico],
      • Cueva [Mexico],
      • Flores [Mexico],
      • Lujan [Mexico],
      • Melendrez [Mexico],
      • Montoya [Mexico],
      • Ramos [Mexico],
      • Torres [Mexico],
      • Valdez [Mexico]

      Most Distant Ancestor

      PaternalLucio Flores b. 1785
      MaternalDionicia Ydalgo, b. 1812 and d. 1884
      NameLori L. Sandoval Esq.
      E-maillorilynnsandoval@...

      Matches

      Haplogroups

      Y-DNAR1b1a2ShorthandR-M269
      mtDNAC

      Surnames

      • Armijo [New Mexico],
      • Baca [Mexico, New Mexico],
      • Chavez,
      • de Estrada [Mexico, New Mexico],
      • Gomez Robledo [Mexico, New Mexico],
      • Gutierrez [New Mexico],
      • Hernandez Medina [Mexico, New Mexico],
      • Ladron de Guevera [Mexico, New Mexico],
      • Marquez,
      • Montoya [New Mexico],
      • Ortiz [New Mexico],
      • Robledo Romero [Spain],
      • Romero [Spain, Mexico],
      • Saavedra [New Mexico],
      • Sandoval [New Mexico],
      • Sandoval Martinez [New Mexico],
      • Silva [New Mexico]
      Juaquin (jack) Salvatore Lopez
      emailFTDNA Tip note Y-DNA12
      R1b1a2  0 - - - - - - - -
      Mr. enrique lopez-membreno
      emailFTDNA Tip note Y-DNA12  FF
      R1b1a2

      NameRobert N Gonzales
      E-mailp277539a@...

      Matches

      Haplogroups

      Y-DNAR1b1a2ShorthandR-M269
      mtDNAN/A

      Surnames

      • Gonzales [Mexico],
      • O'Connor [Mexico]

      Most Distant Ancestor

      Paternal
      Mr. Richard Eleuterio Simonelli
      emailFTDNA Tip note Y-DNA12
       Miss Yvonne León Ruiz
      emailFTDNA Tip note Y-DNA12

      Do you recognize anyone?

      I only listed a few of my Mexican DNA matches.
      R1b1a2
      Joel K. Harris, Sr., Ph.D.