255Re: R1b Origins

    Jul 21, 2013
      We have received results for a Zuniga in our project who has tested positive for DF81 a subclade of DF27 as seen in this tree:
      http://www.familytreedna.com/public/R1b-DF27/default.aspx?section=results

      Here is the project entry on this line:
      Mexico>New York, New York USA. Haplogroup R1b. See this YDNA 11 marker exact match to 1 of 168 Basque Country, Spain [Basque] in an - YHRD database search. See this YDNA 30 of 31 marker match to someone from Peru (log in first then click on the following link) - to the Sorenson database. Oldest Ydna ancestor - Joseph F. Zúñiga b circa 1732. Email Miguel A. Zúñiga

      We are in the early stages of learning the specifics on the descendants of R1b-DF27. It appears that one other person with a Spanish surname has tested positive. Several others with NW European surnames have tested negative. There is a negative result from someone from Mexico as well.