24Finding actual birth record images through FamilySearch.org Is Free

  • gcdc87
    Jun 13, 2013
      I recently found the image of my grandfather's actual birth record after a 1 hour search. The 120-year-old record listed his grandparents, so I was able to add four more names to our family tree.
      I went to https://www.familysearch.org/search which is free, unlike Ancestry.com.

      Scroll down and "Browse by Location"
      Browse images if you are patient and have enough info to isolate the records. I will warn you that they really believed in conserving paper (in Coahuila anyway). There were rarely any headers or line breaks after individual entries. I just skimmed for the year and month I wanted. I found that sometimes an entry for June 1st preceded others for late May, so once you are close, do not assume they are in strict chronological order.

      Best of luck in all your searches!
      Gerard
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic