      Jaime,
      Is this Gozales from Zacatecas/Aquas Calientes area?
      - Armando

      On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM, <sangerjaime@...> wrote:

      Mando,

      All I know is that  Cris Rendon told me that he thinks that my wife may descend from the Gonzales Hurtado de Mendoza line, but could not confirm, unless he had the names of the parents of Jose Gonzales born in 1834!!   I have not been able to find who is parents were!!

      Jaime

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Linda <romero89@...>
      To: MexicoDNAProject <MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wed, Jul 10, 2013 10:46 am
      Subject: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: other areas

      I have traced my Romero y Chaves family back to around 1700 in Tepatitlan de Morelos, Jalisco, Mexico.

      Lucas Romero y Chaves and Petronilla Gonzales de Hermosillo had a son named Francisco Xavier Romero y Chaves who married Ypigenia Alderete in Tepatitlan on Feb. 20, 1729. Their son, Nicholas Joaquin Esteban Romero y Chaves married Antonia Gomez Hurtado de Mendoza in 1768. Next, Esteban's and Antonia's son Manuel Romero y Chaves married Gregoria Camarena, who was from Arandas, Jalisco. Their son, Serapio, was born in 1824 in Tepatitlan. In 1842, Serapio married Petra Pena and their son Manuel Romero was born in Tepatitlan in 1844.

      Manuel Romero married Marcelina de la Torre in 1870 in Tepatitlan and their son Castulo was born in the same city in 1881. Castulo married Sofia de la Torre in 1903 and had four children, one of whom was my father, Ramon, born in 1907.

      The Romero's have been in Tepatitlan since Lucas Romero y Chaves was there in the late 1600's. I haven't found where he came from or when. Most of the other information was gathered from the birth and marriage registrations found on FamilySearch.org.

      That's a pretty long history in one little city. Does anyone have more information about my family?

      Linda

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic