199Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Origins of Anza's Troops 1774?

  • Joel Peres
    Jul 5, 2013
      oh yeah, I'm also R-M269 and yeah, we're all over.  :)

      On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Teddi Montes <o2bnbaja@...> wrote:

      No such luck...it is something like R-m269 ) or 265?) or something, a very common Euro one.....The Arce clan is the rare I one.

      Teddi

      On Jul 5, 2013, at 2:20 PM, Joel Peres wrote:

      Teddi,
      Was the Sanchez haplogroup that very rare I?
      Thanks
      Joel

      On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Gary Felix <garyf@...> wrote:

      Teddi,
      The Mexico DNA Project has Villa Results.
      Here is a link to the Californio page and Jose Villa

      The origin is R1b-U106 which expanded out of the area of the Eastern edges of the North Sea  in very ancient times many thousands of years ago and probably from eastern Europe before that.

      Here is the entry:
      Presidio de San Miguel de la Horcasitas, Sonora>Presidio de Tubac, Sonora>Presidio de Tucson (present day Arizona)>Presidio at Santa Barbara (present day California)>Santa Maria, California. Haplogroup R1b-U106 or S21. Most common origin in Northwestern Europe. See these YDNA 9 marker match(es) to Northwestern Europe in this - YHRD database search. Oldest Ydna ancestor - Andres Villa m Daniella>Juan Jose Villa b.circa 1743 m Maria Paula Martinez. Juan Jose Villa, son of Andres and Daniella, a native of the Presidio de San Miguel de la Horcasitas, Sonora, was born circa 1743. Born at the presidio his father probably was in the military. From this presidio situated few miles north of Hirmosillo, Sonora, which was built to protect the colonists as they moved north from the interior of Mexico, Captain Juan Bautista de Anza started his long trek in 1775 to establish the proposed presidio and mission at San Francisco. In 1781, Juan Jose Villa was recruited by Captain Fernando Rivera y Moncada for the proposed Presidio at Santa Barbara. Because of the large concentration of native population in the Santa Barbara area, there was great concern for the many travelers who would be using the Camino Real. A presidio was the answer. He, his wife and son Vicente Ferrer Villa joined the other colonists and started on the second long overland trek across the hot desert following the Anza trail to Alta California. Contact: Marie