      From: MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Teddi Montes
      Sent: July 05, 2013 11:52 AM
      To: MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [MexicoDNAProject] Origins of Anza's Troops 1774?

      Marcial Sanchez was a soldier in Anza's 1774 expedition to find a
      route to California from Sonora. He has a son born 1754 in Suamca.
      He appears as a godparent in 1760 at Guevavi. His wife was Vicenta
      Azedo. I have spent over 40 years getting to where I am now in my
      research and it is a slooooow process.

      I have been trying to figure out just where his origins lie. I have 3
      possibilities-from the south ie Alamos or southward; from the
      Chihuahua-Durango area or even possibly from New Mexico. I have done
      autosomal testing on 4 grand children of Marcial's only known grandson
      plus a couple of great grandchildren of the same grandson. I have also
      done the Sanchez Y.

      So far the well-researched NON Sanchez side of Baja California
      soldiers (Californios) seems to be confirmed (DNA) but I have very
      little on anything I can regard as the Sanchez line.

      Anyone have any luck tracking down presidial troops' origins in the
      area of what is now southern Arizona and very northern Sonora pre-1800?

      I have been scouring the Mission 2000 and DRSW databases but this was
      a tough time in history for all to be hangin' in that area in the
      1700s...

      Thanks!

      Teddi Montes
      The Californio DNA Project