191R1b Origins

    Jul 4, 2013
      About half of our YDNA results are R1b. R1b-P312 was the group that recolonized Europe from the Franco Iberian refugium after the Ice Age. Here is a recent tree:
      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17907527/R1b-P312_Descendency_Tree.jpg

      Most of the R1b in our project would test R1b-DF27 positive. Populations first settling a new area far from the previous settlement have an advantage as their genetic variants (SNP's markers etc) do not have to compete with the previous population and have a better chance of survival. Archaeology show us that the majority of these migrations of these early re-colonizers went straight to the area of the North Sea (ancient area known as doggerland) and it is here that there was a second expansion.
      One branch settled an area of Switzerland which did not expand as much. These movements were a consequence of extreme climate changes.

      A movement of R1b-U106 appears to have come from Eastern Europe around the area of the Black Sea (North part of the lake at the time). We currently have only 5 that are positive for this marker.
      R1b-U106, Deep Ancestry - Frisian origin. After the last Ice Age this group set out from the Eastern Refugium; North of the Black Sea and settled the eastern shores of the area known as Doggerland (which submerged in the North Sea about 6.5K years ago) as well as the southern shores of the Baltic. Thick grasses and open plain made this area attractive to wildlife. It is from this location that this group expanded. 13 at marker 492 is an identifying marker. Latest information on R1b1c9 (S21+). This test is now available at FTDNA and at Ethnoancestry - R1b FT Upgrade. M269>U106 or S21.

      Happy 4th,